News & Events
The Fire of Transformation Runs Through My Life… Literally
I havent blogged in a while, we are in the middle of a huge transition, our home burned on Labor Day 9/1/14, My Nana’s birthday, she would have been 97. We are all ok. Rich, and my 16 year old boy and 11 year old daughter were home in the daytime. I was at the studio getting ready for the Free Day of Yoga and Stoy called me to tell me the house was on fire.
My teacher trainee graduate Mallory had just randomly popped in and she was able to lock up as I rushed home. I was praying fervently for what to do and heard Spirit say to just post the the house was on fire and for urgent prayer request on Facebook and to tag all my family. I did and arrived to the fire dept from Midlo, Ovilla, Glenn Heights and Desoto.
My son heard the battery backup on the computer beeping like it was off so he looked into the garage and opened the door to a ball of flame. He slammed the door and went to get Aspen out of her room, she grabbed the dogs and in her undies ran to the neighbors and called 911 just like we talked about in an emergency. He then awoke Rich from a nap and Rich went to the garage and got knocked to his knees by the backdraft when he opened the door. He slammed it shut with his foot and ran around back to put the garden hose on it. He kept spraying the fire, but he said it became alive and the he saw ‘The Beast’ as it began rippling into the attic. He knew we would lose the house.
They got the fire out and pulled out Cleo, my sweet cat. I kept the pet mask on her and after the 2nd bottle of O2 me and the neighbor and Aspen ran her to the ICU. She made it! We lost our kitten tho.
We are in a lease home and will rebuild over the next 6 months.
I will post videos and photos soon.
SIGN UP FOR