News & Events
Gingery Quinoa Salad with Peas and Coconut
Gingery Quinoa Salad with Peas and Coconut (Amy Middleton’s Version; Yogini; Imagine Yoga)
handful of pecans
2 tsp. raw coconut oil
½ cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
1 cup quinoa
1 ½ cups carrot juice
1 cup frozen peas
⅓ cup raw grated coconut
1. Toast pecans in saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant and beginning to brown, stirring often. Cool.
2. Wipe out saucepan; add oil and onion. Sauté onion 2 to 3 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in ginger, quinoa, and juice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat, and scatter peas over cooked quinoa. Cover, and let stand 10 minutes, until peas are thawed.
5. Stir coconut and pecans into salad. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amy brought this salad to Outdoor Yoga at the Waterfall and it was a smash hit. Mmmmm