News & Events
Top Mind Body Spirit Activities To Implement This Year
By Lisa Ware
Let’s admit it, we all love a top 10 list, we take quizzes, BFF tests, boyfriend/hubby questionnaires, so why not have one that is really meaningful? Here we go!
For the Mind:
- Make a place on your daily schedule to be still. Every single day. Whether you choose to add any other practices to your sitting time, that is up to you. Start with a 1 minute timer and work up to 5 minutes.
- Pick a regular time each day to sit.
- Hold yourself accountable and do not cancel on yourself. We sometimes, especially with women, do not add value to the Self time we place on our calendar, and we le others run into that time. Make your Self time as important as a day with your BFF.
For the Body:
- Start with one simple change at at time. Implement this one thing this month! Stick to this one thing until it is a part of your life.
- Whether this is regarding working out, yoga practice, eating clean, making dinner at home or whatever it is, stay with it and do not overwhelm yourself with trying to do too many things at once.
- Choose your movement activity and aim to get moving at least 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes to begin. Most importantly find a buddy!
For the Spirit:
- Find, remember or create some practices that make you feel connected to something greater than yourself.
- Reading a spiritual text, listening to inspiring music, chanting mantra, using your mala beads, utilizing crystals and more.
- Set up a small altar space so you have a place to be. This can be as little as a teacup or as large as you would like it to be!
- Collect items that make bring you true Joy!
For the Home:
- Let go of every item that is not immediately serving you or that you do not have immediate plans to use. Donating to charity is a great way to feel good about letting go!
- Hire an organizational specialist to help you with clutter and efficiency.
- Look at some design concepts that bring you happiness and begin to implement these ideas, cutting out the things that do not flow with your ideal space. See if some of the ideals of Feng Shui resonate with you.
- Hire someone bless your home, or clear it yourself with sage, anointed oils and/or Reiki.
- Give yourself permission to not have to save the items that you were handed down or that were given to you. Sentiment is not an ideal reason to hang onto things that simply gather dust or stay in your attic or garage.
There are many people that are in your circle that may be willing to partner with you or hold you accountable to these ideals. If you want someone to help with these processes consider hiring a life, business or nutrition coach or join an accountability group on social media.
With these simple living tips you can take just a few and begin there! Remember to start somewhere, not all at once. To make just one change you must simply just start!
Lisa Ware is an E-RYT500 (experienced yoga teacher with at least 500 hours of training), Life, business and nutrition coach, a Reiki Master Teacher and the founder and Executive Director of Yoga 4 Love Advanced Training Programs Online. She is passionate about inspiring healthy living. In 2008 she founded Yoga 4 Love.com in honor of her mom’s journey with breast cancer.
Lisa is passionate about helping people gain optimal health and wellness with a holistic approach. She is a seasoned national yoga conference presenter, a writer, mom of two, her son, 18, is about to be shipped off into the NAVY as a Nuclear Engineer, and her daughter, 13, is a fun-loving, strong athlete. LIsa is a happy wife married to Richard since 1992. Her deep burning desire is to impact the globe with wellness, to positively transform and ultimately empower the lives of others.
Her motto is “Expanding Horizons, Inspiring Positive Change.”
Connect with Lisa: